Diseases and Medications
The HealthWell Foundation assists people dealing with a variety of disease states and medications. Below is a list of the disease states we support. Please note that this list is subject to change, depending on funding at any given time. Also, we are always seeking new funding to support additional disease states, so please check our site often for an updated list.
The following funds are open to new and re-enrolling patient applications. You may start the application process through our online service or by calling the HealthWell Foundation at 800-675-8416 to determine eligibility. Customer service representatives are available Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.
- Acute Porphyrias
- ANCA–Associate Vasculitis and Wegener's
- Asthma, Moderate to Severe
- Carcinoid Tumors and Associated Symptoms–Medicare patients only
- Chronic Gout
- Dupuytren's Disease
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Immunosuppressive Treatment for Solid Organ Transplant Recipients
- Metastatic Melanoma–Medicare patients only
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Wilms' Tumor
As a charity, HealthWell relies solely on donations to keep funds open. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have enough funding to keep up with demand, therefore the following funds are currently closed to new and re-enrolling patient applications. However, we continue to manage existing grants. If you have already been approved for a grant this year, please continue to submit for reimbursement and access your grant. It is always our goal to keep funds open, so please continue to refer to this listing as these funds may re-open in the future.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- AutoImmune(Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, & Rheum. Arthritis)-Medicare only
- Bone Metastases
- Breast Cancer
- Chemotherapy Induced Neutropenia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia–Medicare patients only
- Crohn's Disease–Medicare patients only
- Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease(Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis)–Medicare only
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Post Menopausal Osteoporosis
Re-enrollment Only Funds
The following funds are open to re-enrolling patient applications only. If you had a grant in one of these funds within the last 3 years, please call the HealthWell Foundation at 800-675-8416 to determine eligibility. Customer service representatives are available Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.
- Iron Overload as a Result of Blood Transfusions
New Patients Only
The following funds are open to new patients only. If you have never had a grant through our foundation, please begin the application process by calling the HealthWell Foundation at 800-675-8416 to determine eligibility. Customer service representatives are available Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.
Below is our HealthWell Formulary by disease fund. The HealthWell Foundation covers numerous medications that are FDA-approved. Simply select the disease fund below to see the list of approved medications we cover.
HealthWell will pay claims only for those medications on the HealthWell Formulary by disease fund. If you do not see your medication listed under the fund, it is not eligible for reimbursement at this time. Please see HealthWell’s Other Resources page for additional options, or please feel free to contact us.
(HealthWell considers high cost medications that are FDA-approved for inclusion on the HealthWell Formulary. As new drugs are FDA approved we will consider adding them to our formulary.)