HealthWell and NeedyMeds Offer Drug Discount Card
HealthWell is always looking for ways to support patients and their families. We are happy to announce that we are offering a drug discount card that can help you save more on your prescriptions.
HealthWell is working with NeedyMeds, a national non-profit that provides information on resources that help people who can’t afford their medications and healthcare costs, to offer this free drug discount card.
This is completely separate from HealthWell’s financial assistance program. Whether or not you choose to use the card, it will not impact your HealthWell grant in any way.
We are sharing this resource with our HealthWell community, but you do not have to be a HealthWell grant recipient to use it. We encourage you to share the card with friends and family members as well.
About the NeedyMeds Drug Discount Card
Please note that this is a discount card and NOT an insurance plan. Anyone can use the card but it cannot be used with insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid or any state or federal prescription insurance.
Since you must have insurance in order to qualify for a HealthWell grant, you will not be able to use your HealthWell grant with the discount card, but here are some other ways that you may be able to use it.
- Prescriptions not covered by your insurance plan (private, Medicare or Medicaid)
- Over-the-counter medications and medical supplies with a prescription
- Pet prescription medicines
- Vitamin supplements with a prescription
To receive the discount, simply click on the image below, print the card, and take it to a participating pharmacy to see if you qualify for a discount on your prescription.
- Save up to 80% off of the price of your prescription medications
- Use at over 63,000 pharmacies nationwide including all major chains
- It’s free, there are no fees or registration
Questions? Contact NeedyMed’s toll free helpline: 800-503-6897