What We Do
The HealthWell Foundation provides financial assistance to eligible individuals to cover coinsurance, copayments, health care premiums and deductibles for certain medications and therapies. If you've been prescribed a medication and your insurance company covers it, but you still cannot afford the coinsurance or copayment required, we may be able to assist you by paying for part of your costs associated with the medication. Also, if you are eligible for health insurance, but cannot afford the insurance premium, we may be able to assist with your insurance premium.
Please keep in mind that the HealthWell Foundation currently does not assist with the following expenses:
- Office visits
- Administration or infusion costs
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Medical transportation
- Health insurance premium costs for an entire family
- Deductibles that apply to treatments and services that are not eligible for your approved disease fund
- Pharmacy compounding costs
- Over-the-counter treatments
- Treatments for side effects (e.g. nausea)
The HealthWell Foundation reduces financial barriers to care for underinsured patients with chronic or life-threatening diseases.
Hear from the people we've helped
I would have been in a wheelchair long ago if it weren’t for the kindness you give every day.Read more...
I was concerned about the medications and supporting the new kidney.Read more...
I spoke with a caring representative, who took time to hear our whole story, me crying on the other end, seemingly grasping at straws for something to help my son.Read more...