The HealthWell Foundation strives to ensure that as much of our funding as possible goes directly to assisting patients. Reimbursement requests that are $5.00 or less will not be reviewed or considered for payment.
When the Foundation approves a grant, we will send the patient a Reimbursement Request Form with the enrollment letter. The patient, pharmacy or provider must submit a Reimbursement Request Form along with supporting documentation each time the patient has an out-of-pocket treatment expense.
- Reimbursement Request Form: Click here for a copy of this form.
- Supporting Documentation: Providers should include an Explanation of Benefits from the insurer with the patient's name, date of service, eligible drug name or code, and copayment amount. Pharmacies or patients may send either an insurance Explanation of Benefits or a pharmacy receipt that includes patient name, date of service, eligible drug name or code, and copayment amount.
- Proof of Payment: If the Foundation is reimbursing the patient for a claim he or she already paid, also attach proof of payment showing the method and date of purchase.
For premium assistance, please send a copy of the insurance premium invoice that clearly shows the cost only for the individual patient, the coverage period and due date of the premium amount.
HealthWell Pharmacy Card
For some disease funds, we are able to send patients a HealthWell Copayment Assistance Pharmacy Card. Patients should bring the HealthWell pharmacy card to the pharmacy when they fill their prescriptions, or call their mail order pharmacy and provide the numbers on the card. The card is similar to an insurance card and the pharmacist should be able to use it to pay the copayment for the treatment. HealthWell is the payer of last resort and we require the Coordination of Benefits (COB) code 8 to ensure the patient's grant is accessed appropriately. As all our grants are capped, once that capped amount is reached, the patient cannot get more money until they re-enroll for the next calendar year. By running the HealthWell card first, you run the risk of burning through the patient's grant prematurely. Without our assistance, the patient may have to stop therapy altogether.
HealthWell's Real-Time Pharmacy Card Lookup Tool is now available to all pharmacy partners. This secure tool provides quick access to pharmacy card information for your patients with ACTIVE grants. To use this tool, simply go to the homepage and click on the blue Pharmacy Card Lookup Tool button.
- For patients with a HealthWell pharmacy card, you would run the claim through ALL OTHER INSURANCES FIRST, then run the claim using the HealthWell card.
- The Foundation will not review or consider for payment reimbursement requests that are $5.00 or less.
- Please submit your claims as soon as possible. We must receive a claim at least once every 90 days or the grant will close. You may still submit for reimbursement but payment will depend on available funding.
- We will not pay any claim that we receive more than 120 days after the date of service.
- Once we receive a complete reimbursement request, you should receive a reimbursement check in approximately 2 weeks.